Is this game even....

Official Black Rock Shooter The Game for PSP Discussion Forum
Sierra
Vassal
Vassal

Is this game even....

Postby Sierra » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:00 pm

Considered being released as a UMD?

I'll have to pass if it's PSN only, as I can't access PSN because of my internet connection.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Is this game even....

Postby vampko » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:13 pm

you can actually download the game on your PC, and then use a USB cable to transfer it to your PSP
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Sierra
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Sierra » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:19 pm

EDIT: I saw it that's it's not going to be UMD. Sorry NISA, but I'll have to pass. (Not that I have a choice)

That still wouldn't work for me, since you can't get a better connection. BRS I would imagine is 1Gb atleast in size. Can't even watch YouTube on this.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:17 am

Sierra wrote:EDIT: I saw it that's it's not going to be UMD. Sorry NISA, but I'll have to pass. (Not that I have a choice)

That still wouldn't work for me, since you can't get a better connection. BRS I would imagine is 1Gb atleast in size. Can't even watch YouTube on this.

You could try and borrow a friend's connection as well?
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

vertical09
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vertical09 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:16 am

yea if ur connectiontheres no helping it. unless u have a friend with good connection

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:20 am

You could even use wifi at a public place. Sometimes they have really nice connection speeds at those sort of places.
Spoiler:

vertical09
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vertical09 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:15 pm

vampko wrote:You could even use wifi at a public place. Sometimes they have really nice connection speeds at those sort of places.

i that even a good idea O.o
it would be better to just like buy a router or whatever or upgrade your connection speed.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:45 pm

vertical09 wrote:
vampko wrote:You could even use wifi at a public place. Sometimes they have really nice connection speeds at those sort of places.

i that even a good idea O.o
it would be better to just like buy a router or whatever or upgrade your connection speed.

Umm...if it's free...what's the problem?
Spoiler:

Discoceris
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Discoceris » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:01 am

WiFi is available in many areas of the United States, including McDonald's and Starbucks. Heck, just leech off a non-locked WiFi channel in your neighborhood.

Aserrisnepnier
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Aserrisnepnier » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:08 am

Good wifi or not I want a physical copy if I plan to buy this game.

Is NISA lazy or something?

and I can't even hold that much space on a memory stick and can't afford a good one at this time...

seriously who thought it was a good idea to not put it on UMD and instead give you a code to put online?

Think of the collectors and ppl with no internet connection NISA...

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:13 am

Aserrisnepnier wrote:Good wifi or not I want a physical copy.

and I can't even hold that much space on a memory stick and can't afford a good one at this time...

seriously who thought it was a good idea to not put it on UMD and instead give you a code to put online?

How is this being 'lazy'?

They have to release it how it makes the most sense. It's cheaper for them to go no UMD, than to go UMD. It's not about effort, it's about making profit.
Spoiler:

Aserrisnepnier
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Aserrisnepnier » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:15 am

vampko wrote:

They have to release it how it makes the most sense. It's cheaper for them to go no UMD, than to go UMD. It's not about effort, it's about making profit.

Well maybe they could actually use profit from some other games to actually make some UMD's for it.
This is actually going to hurt sales badly.

I dread the day when games will be download only...

metlspaz
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby metlspaz » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:28 am

Aserrisnepnier wrote:
vampko wrote:

Well maybe they could actually use profit from some other games to actually make some UMD's for it.

shhh.... skynet will hear you

Goldskarr
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Goldskarr » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:14 am

Aserrisnepnier wrote:Good wifi or not I want a physical copy if I plan to buy this game.

I can easily find a 4 gig memory stick for around $12 - $16, plus it's not exactly well known. Oh sure, Black Rock Shooter DOES have a fanbase up here, but they're not as big is Naruto (And I'm sick to my stomach saying that.), plus factoring in the costs for the UMDs they have to order, the lack of mass customer appeal, and you're going to have a lot of copies just sitting on the shelf taking up space. Put it up for Download only would save them a lot of money and SHOULD please the fans who actually want the game. Plus a voucher comes with the collectors edition anyway.
One more thing, it's already been said, but you CAN steal internet from your cafe or McDonalds or whatever. They're usually pretty reliable.
Image (Sig by Dood. Thanks!)
Disclaimer - only NIS games I've played are Disgaea 1, 3, and 4, along with Cross Edge(Pity me.)

Discoceris
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Discoceris » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:30 pm

Aserrisnepnier wrote:
vampko wrote:

I find it hilarious because these are the exact same reasoning that people gave when they proclaimed that the iPod was DOA and that people weren't likely to give up their ownership of a physical medium (i.e., CDs) Guess what? Turns out most people preferred digital downloads of music and have even embraced streaming videos on demand.

What is the future, then? It will be digital downloads of most digital content, sorry to break the news to those of you who are still enamored by physical distribution of these digital content. One thing this will save is the environment (no more plastic everywhere) and it will (hopefully) mean that game prices will continue to be pushed down. The convergence between mobile gaming and traditional console gaming will come to a point where there's no distinction between the two and no one will even care that we had this little discussion in 2011.

Return to “Black Rock Shooter The Game”