Unlockable Features

Official Cave Story 3D discussion forum
PrinceQuote
Peon
Peon

Unlockable Features

Postby PrinceQuote » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:37 am

I was wondering what features are unlocked after beating the game? I have asked my father to order the game for me in advance as a birthday/Christmas present for me and as far as I know he has done it , but my birthday is a bit away. I was hoping there would be some unlocked content such as Time Attack, Boss Rush, and maybe even Curly Mode where players get to play as Curly Brace?
I have read some of the posts here and know that playing as a Prinny was juts a cruel joke of a rumor spread by several names of which I will not utter here. Although it would have been fun for a playable Prinny character to be used in the game, I see that it is not possible.
I am just praying that the other modes I asked about will be/are in the USA version of the game. I loved playing as Curly Brace in the Wii Ware version of the game and was hoping to do so in this game.
Either way, I KNOW I am going to LOVE the game. Cave Story for Wii Ware is one of my favorite games, and heck, it may just BE my favorite game of all time! I love the music and everything else about it.
The fact that NIS have joined with Nicalis in remaking this game is a dream come true to me!
If someone could/would please answer my question(s) when they have the time I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks again!

ZetaBladeX13
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Re: Unlockable Features

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:22 am

(Hell) Time Attack is the only unlockable I've come across.
Honestly, I think that's it.

As for the whole "Prinny Cameo", there is a Prinny mask that can be obtained late in the game (read: after the outer wall).

But I know that Cave Story+ (on Mac store/Steam) has an unlockable Wind Fortress level after completing the game. It has also been announced that certain Cave Story mods created by fans will be green lit by Tyrone and/or Pixel and used in future updates for the game ;)
ImageImage

servant
Majin
Majin

Postby servant » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:24 am

By user content updates do you mean that the 3DS might be getting more levels or just the PC/Mac ver will be getting new stuff? Because I know that you can just download most user stuff if it is on PC. (which I have)
PSN: TAZiO_SLP4HRS
3DS: 4639 9084 6875
PM me if you add me.
For the senators to decide:
Another Disgaea: http://nisamerica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7503
Anybody like AR cards?
http://nisamerica.com/prams/wish.php?wid=727&error=comok

PrinceQuote
Peon
Peon

Postby PrinceQuote » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:11 pm

Thanks for responding. I hope there is more unlockable content, but if there isn't, that what my Wii and 3DS are for. I know I am going to LOVE the game regardless, but I would also like to buy the DSiWare version eventually as well. Thanks for letting me know. :D

Return to “Cave Story 3D”